Saturday, August 15, 2009

EVIL, CORROSIVE, DEVILISH THINKING, redux!

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. "~Potter Stewart

***********************************************************************
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." - Woodrow Wilson

I have always loved that the world is full of so much I don't know!

Reading and listening to other people and the ideas and experiences they have, and discussing
with them the similarities and differences in our opinions has always fascinated me. Whenever I get the chance to pass on the information or the source for potential enthusiasm to others, I'm psyched. Here's hoping something posted here strikes a chord with someone.

I'm so happy to know today that I don't know all that there is to know...and never will, so long as I am breathing!

Some more of my dastardly free-thinking notions, corrupting the youth and other susceptible sorts! (Any comments not in quotations are mine; they have not been approved or provided by the mentioned sites. The web sites promoted are not aware of my ads, and I received no compensation for listing the ads. Just so there's no confusion!)
Best, Roberto......


"Conformity is the jailer
of freedom and the enemy
of growth."
-John F. Kennedy
"There is only one success-
to spend your life
in your own way."
-Christopher Morley
"The most important thing is
to be whatever you are
without shame."
-Rod Steiger
*
"I am only one; but still
I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do
something.
I will not refuse to do
the something I can do."
-Helen Keller
*
"Be kind, for everyone you meet
is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
A good way to judge people is
by observing how they treat
those who can do them
absolutely no good.
-Unknown
*
We are never as alone
as we might think.
It is our adherence
to "everyone else's" doing
that keeps our spirits shackled.
Rise up, and set yourself free!
(my old e-mail address)
*
"'Selfishness' is not living as
one wishes to live, it is asking
others to live as one wishes to
live."
-Oscar Wilde
"If egotism means a terrific
interest in one's self, egotism is
absolutely essential to efficient
living."
-Arnold Bennett
"Resolve to be thyself: and
know, that he who finds himself,
loses his misery."
-Matthew Arnold
*
Life is hard and painful
for all of us;
(some just hide it better!)
Don't be afraid or shamed
to seek the help you need
for a broken heart or
a hurting mind.
Choose life!
or
Crisis Line 1-866-582-7763
or 1-800-SUICIDE
*
"No one can make you feel
inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
"Injustice never rules forever."
-Seneca
"You must be the change
you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi
*
Marriage does not make
a person complete,
but being denied the
opportunity to marry
may make us feel incomplete.
People loving people
IS God's way.
*
Jesus taught love
and compassion,
not condemnation and
control.
Remember that when
speaking on His behalf.
*
Being "different" just means
having to work a little harder
at life;
WORK HARDER!
You are not alone!
*
He was not absurd;
The world around him
was lacking.
The Truth is out there!
*
"Rudeness is the weak person's
imitation of strength."
-Eric Hoffer
"Man's mind, once stretched,
never gains its original
dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes
*

******************************************************************************


What's going on in this country isn't unique. See the international erosion of free expression at
http://www.wpfc.org/


To get info on protecting the rights to freedom of information, check out
http://www.freepress.net/?gclid=CIef0eaCppwCFRMhnAodCFKXkQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ineffectiveness of Fences in Modern America, Pt 1

 I grew up in an isolated, semi-rural smaller town on the outskirts of Tampa. Access to the Big City, but not a lot of influence in my  dail...