Saturday, April 3, 2010

Friendship quotes

Sometimes mine to learn,
sometimes mine to share.
Thank goodness we are all
typically not in a bad place
at the same time.

The paradox of friendship;
so sturdy, yet so fragile.
Help me to respect and
depend upon it equally.

*******************************************************
"Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes."

"Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."
- Chinese Proverb, (sent by Julio Fung)

"A good friend is my nearest relation."

" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart,
chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and
sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the
rest away."
- Arabian Proverb

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus


"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!"

"True friendship is never serene."
- Mariede Svign

"Too late we learn, a man must hold his friend
unjudged, accepted, trusted to the end."
- John Boyle O'Reilly

When friends stop being frank and useful to each other, the whole world
loses some of its radiance."
- Anatole Broyard

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends
whom we choose."
- Tehyi Hsieh


"Except in cases of necessity, which are rare, leave your friend to learn

unpleasant things from his enemies; they are ready enough to tell them."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes 


"The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth

to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no
other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?"
- Henry David Thoreau



"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends
listen to what you don't say."



"When your looking for a friend don't look for perfection,

just look for friendship."


"Friend derives from a word meaning "free." A friend is someone
who allows us the space and freedom to be."



"The most beautiful discovery that true friends can make is that they
can grow separately without growing apart."
-Elizabeth Foley



"There is no distance too great between friends, for love gives wings
to the heart."


"Don't walk on front of me; I may not follow~ don't walk behind me;
I may not lead~ just walk beside me and be my friend."


"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."
-Barbara DeAngelis

"True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides it's evils; strive to
have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island.To find
one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing."


"A real friend will tell you when you have spinach stuck in your teeth."

"In loneliness, in sickness, in confusion-the mere knowledge of friendship
makes it possible to endure, even if the friend is powerless to help. It is
enough that they exist. Friendship is not diminished by distance or time,
by imprisonment or war, by suffering or silence. It is in these things that
it roots most deeply. It is from these things that it flowers."
-Pam Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ineffectiveness of Fences in Modern America, Pt 1

 I grew up in an isolated, semi-rural smaller town on the outskirts of Tampa. Access to the Big City, but not a lot of influence in my  dail...